The Stoffel with its 18 tastefully decorated bedrooms was built in 1919 by the textile entrepreneur Beat Stoffel from St. Gallen as his private residence in Arosa.
As early as the Middle Ages first settlers were known to inhabit this magical area. As part of the “Schwellisee” county, they were governed by the Earls of Toggenburg, the Counts of Montfort and finally the Counts of Habsburg. The “Bergkirchli” (little mountain church), which is located in the immediate vicinity, was completed in 1493. The museum of local history (“Schanfigger Heimatmuseum”) next to the hotel lovingly portrays the local history over the centuries.
As of 1949, the Stoffel residence, as its first owner called it, served as a boarding school for girls named "Belri”, until it was converted into a hotel under the same name in 1971.
In honour of the origins of the building and its first owner, the current owners have re-established the original name and it is now called Stoffel Hotel. Extensive renovations were carried out during the season 2015/2016. With the restaurant completely refurbished, the many charms of the hotel can now be fully appreciated once again. The Stoffel team is looking forward to welcoming you, dear guests!